- St. John the Divine Cathedral
- Harlem, NY
- About the project
- Safway provided scaffold services for St. John the Divine, the largest neogothic cathedral in the United States. Access to interior church surfaces was needed to restore the inside masonry that was damaged by a fire in December 2001.
- Safway used the unique HAKI Roof Truss System to clear span the nave and high altar and optimize equipment use. By the time the project was over, approximately one million square feet of scaffold was used. Safway supplied 10,000 to 12,000 scaffold frames and more than 25,000 scaffold planks. This two year contract was completed by Easter 2007 and the entire cathedral was restored to its former glory.
- Products used
- Sectional Frame; HAKI Roof Truss System
- Services used
- Engineering/Special Projects Group